Sunday, July 1, 2012

Garden Beds I

A while back my mom had Breah (My 15 year-old sister) and I Help her make some garden beds. It was a bit frustrating but still fun because working with Mom tends to be fun. ;)

Hi Mom! <3




 

Skill Saw. A deadly weapon. Respect the skill saw! 

We stacked those pallets and made them into our worktables




Tools! Don't you just love working with compromised tools?


We ripped the wood off the pallets.

It was really hard to yank these nails outta there.

And I stepped on a nail thankfully it didn't break the skin but it did go straight through my sandal and poke me!



The odd cut in these boards was agitating but we just cut them up small and used them for wherever small wood was needed/ 

The man at the hardware store said that these went in VERY easily a few hard blows and she's in there for good......

We never used because they were SO hard to get into the wood!



So we had to settle with  things the more old-fashioned way. NAILS


As you can see we messed them up quite a bit..

Part of the reason that they didn't come out so well was that the wood was oak and rather difficult to get through with a hammer.


A few of them had to be removed for "safety reasons





It was a little rough. More frustrating than difficultt but we learned a lot Such as :

 1. Never step on a  board that has open nails that might be rusty stiicking out on the top
2. Girls CAN do boy's work yes and we WILL do it IF we HAVE to, but if we don't
HAVE to, boys by all means do build us a garden box!
3. How to build a garden box out of pallets.
4.  Garden boxes are better than just gardens
 That's really all that I can think of at the moment but there are more I am sure

Oh and thank you King's Choice for the free pallets. (;


Semi-finished product.


Today this garden bed is done but I decided to wait to post it 'till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment