Sunday, January 6, 2013

Google Doodles

I always like to see how Google changes the logo on their search engine on holidays and on people's birthdays ( that I have never even heard of  mind you ). Sometimes on a holiday I will go on Google just to see what the change will look like. I searched through some of Google's previous logo changes ( they call them "doodles" ) and picked the ones that were most appealing to me by their looks. A lot of them are dedicated to certain persons I am simply just not familiar with  so I hope that you will excuse me in not knowing a lot of details about them or even mentioning some of them. Seriously, the art is what is most  important here.

Dedicated to Dr. Robert Moog on his 78th birthday. The machine above was invented by him and made for music he was an "American Pioneer" for electronic music (eh, it has its place). His invention was one of the first widely used electronic musical instruments . His invention was instrumental (hehe pun) in the making of  music for   artist such as The Beatles,  Stevie Wonder, The Doors, and many others. The coolest thing about this Doodle was that you could actually play with this one! What I mean by that is that you could play a song from your keyboard record it then share it from your Google account. Now I thought that that was pretty awesome!
Vivaldi dedication for his Four Seasons set. I always like to see art similar to this, going through different seasons and times with the same object ( in this case a violin ). I prefer the winter and fall violins here,
my preferred seasons also.
The Addams family dedicated to Mr.Addams himself on his 100th birthday. I like cousin It's hair, personally. And I liked that hand that was "alive". Which now makes me wonder who used the living hand first The Addams Family or The Evil Dead

This one was dedicated to a concert pianist named Clara Shcumann on her 193rd birthday. Being a child prodigy she had her very first concert at the age of 11. And (if you hadn't guessed) she loved children, her own in particular. She risked her life to save them once in a very heroic and brave way... that story is way too long to be presented here if you want to know it use Google for crying out loud! I love the way the piano keys curve with little plants sticking out on the ends. I also like the font of the letters here.

I think that this one is nicely colored and very cool. I really like the window in the back with all of it's different blues. I like how his pants and shows are transparent HaHa which is a little funny considering his dead. I guess that this is implying that his music lives on.

Tom Sawyer! Now I have never read this book all the way through but I did get to this famous white washing scene. Who doesn't like Tom Sawyer? This doodle was made to celebrate Mark Twain's 176th's birthday.

This doodle was made for Child's Arbor Day in China. I chose it to be here because of the colors the colors here are simply fantastic! And all of the little animals, too cute. :) Also the specks on the two closer trees was a great touch making them look a little more real with detail.

Happy New Year! 2013 :D Happy to be here, aren't you? I like this one because of how busy it is which is how a lot of people get around New Years. Haha No worries we'll get over it then start again next year.


Don't ask me who this one is dedicated to. I simply do not know. I just think that all of the different flashing televisions and suitcases forming the word "Google" is super awesome looking. :)
Lol Little Spanish Skeletons celebrating the Mexican holiday "Day of the Dead". I like the colors and their comical faces. My favorite being the representers for the double o's (Yes, James Bond came to mind). Maybe it's because he is the brightest and the most silly looking.

This doodle was made in order to celebrate the discovery of x-rays :) ... Yeah I'm wondering what the key, three balls, and duck are doing there too. But, hey, that's Google comedy. ;)

:D I used to love to read this book as a little kid! It was nice to see it again my "Hungry Caterpillar". It truly brings back pleasant old memories. The writer's name was Eric Carle he also wrote "The Very Lonely Firefly" (I liked that one too) and many others. Oh and not to mention he designed this doodle ; ) It was made to notify the beginning of Spring in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment